Genre: Film Festival
Producer: Human Rights Watch Canada Committee
The Toronto Human Rights Watch Film Festival is a project of the Human Rights Watch Canada Committee; an annual event that offers viewers the chance to see films ranging from Oscar-shortlisted to intense homegrown titles, all exposing various human rights violations across the globe. This year’s festival, the eighth, is co-presented with TIFF and takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox from February 22 to March 4, 2011.
We recently completed a re-design of the Website that put the emphasis on rich content features, and provided news and ticket information via a customized sidebar and Weblog.
- Re-designed Website on open source WordPress platform. Customized theme to include a home page slider, a portfolio-style film page, and dynamic sidebars.
- Installed plugins to manage editorial content and schedule, and to enhance search engine optimization.
- Developed visually strong, content-rich pages for each film, including synopsis, festival and awards, reviews and interviews, bios and links to external Websites.
- Wrote and scheduled over 50 blog posts highlighting festival line-up, news, special guests and ticket availability. Connected blog to social networking sites such as Facebook and Flickr; integrated feed with Feedburner allowing for both RSS and e-mail subscriptions.
- Optimized Website for search.
- Clean design that lets the important content — the films — shine through.
- Well-optimized site that consistently places within the Top 5 SERP returns for brand and generic keyword phrases.
- Well-structured and organized editorial calendar that is flexible enough to promote ticket sales to under-performing screenings.
- Content-rich strategy that supports the fundraising goals of the Festival Committee and the information needs of the Student Outreach Committee.
- Steadily growing e-mail subscription list.
Go to the Human Rights Watch Film Festival Website »
Photo credit: The Green Wave