I’ll be sailing into Halifax for two days in October to lead a digital marketing workshop for the local screen-based production industry. “Market, Motivate, Mobilize” takes place October 23 – 24, 2012 at The Halifax Club.
The two day workshop is open to independent film, TV, interactive, web series and transmedia producers as well as to marketing and communications managers and consultants providing services to the production industry.
Participants are required to have a project in development or production. Deadline for registration is September 24, 2012. The application form can be downloaded from the IPF’s website.
The goal of “Market, Motivate, Mobilize” is provide practical as well as big picture guidance that will help producers market for today and prepare for tomorrow.
Participants will be introduced to digital marketing concepts, ideas and best practices and provided with real world examples and applications.
Producers will walk away from the workshop with an understanding of:
* The relationship between audience, content, channels and tactics.
* Where and how people consume screen-based content.
* Inbound digital marketing strategies — content, search, social and publicity/pr — that help attract a core audience.
* How to build a “digital first” strategy.
* When and where to utilize traditional marketing tactics – advertising, promotions, live events and direct marketing.
* How to track and evaluate the results of a campaign and to make adjustments in real time.
Launched in 2006, greenHAT digital is a Toronto-based agency that provides digital marketing, social media and strategy to entertainment, culture, beauty and personal care brands.
Rockie Awards: Call for entries. Final deadline tomorrow -- bit.ly/2mVLRDG