Just For Laughs ComedyPRO has announced the finalists for the 2015 Stand Up and Pitch: Comedy Content Search.
This year’s search was divided into two pitch programs organized around popular formats — long (TV, OTT, SVOD) and short (web series). The 10 finalists are:
From Set to Screen: TV, OTT, SVOD and More
Presented with the New York Television Festival
* Anna Roisman and Gabi Conti for This One Time at Camp
* Blair Beeken and Sarah Shook for My Gals
* Brendon Burns for Wainhouse
* Dan Perlman and Will Julian for That’s My Bus
* Imdy Rahman and Hassan Kahn for Bangers and Cash
CBC PUNCHLINE presents Beyond the Box: Playing It Short
(with the International Academy of Web Television)
* Aisha Alfa and Nile Seguin for Open Engagement
* James Coker and Marshall Stratton for The Other Kennedys (seen above)
* Josh Shultz and Ethan Cole for My 90 Year Old Roommate
* Matt O’Rourke and Tom Radford for Haddock News
* Maximilian Clark and Walter Masterson for The Working Dead
Previous participants in the Just For Laughs ComedyPRO pitch program have not left empty-handed. Last year’s winning short form team of Nadine Djoury and Aurora Brown received an option from Defy Media for their web series, Newborn Moms (airdate TBA) while long-form winner, Jerrod Christmas, was signed to and will appear in The Nations, a Canada/New Zealand interactive co-production from iThentic Canada and The Down Low Concept.
Each team will have five minutes to pitch a panel of industry executives with the winning teams announced at Just For Laughs. Panelist include senior reps from CBC Comedy, Omnivision Entertainment, Adult Swim, Fox Broadcasting, Fusion, IFC TV, Bell Media and New Wave Entertainment.
BEST Halloween costumes I've seen yet! twitter.com/zellieimani/st…